Wednesday 12 October 2016

How I dislike those doctors that receive patients privately!  For eye tests one is obliged to go to them because the state ones have waiting lists over one year. This one  - well, at first I thought he might have been better, but he ended up charging 140 euro. That included a field of vision test, but he never offered me the option of doing it on the health service, which for me wouldn't have cots anything.  He then proceeded to put drops in my eyes without asking my consent or telling me what they were for. He wanted to use atropine but I wouldn't let him. He says I have to go back.  He did say one interesting thing: there are five indicators of optic neuropathy: damage to retina and vitreous substance, change to colour perception (I have) irregular involuntary eye movements, pain, The visual evoked potential test isn't necessary he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment