Sunday 25 September 2016

I think better lying down!!  Maybe 'cos blood flows better to the brain like that!
Thought: having these holes in my brain is like having a lot of tiny strokes, right?  So... people overcome disabilities caused by strokes by learning to use different parts of their brain (I think - must check that). SO I need to work REALLY hard at maths, language, learning names etc, because these are the difficulties I am having caused by my mini-strokes (i.e. the holes). As hard as people work at physiotherapy after a stroke to get walking and talking again. Right??

Great day today!!    A productive morning at Pd.  I took my new "nordic" poles with me (and bloody well forgot them there!!), met a man called Mauro with a dog called Maria from Cma and a house in O.  Did some work  - trimmed grass around the four vines (one and produced some red grapes , small but very tasty) - next year I'd really like to get those vines going because they would be worth it. Raked grass into piles but didn't move it .  Will do tomorrow.  Talked to Fr about mating L..a with F P's pony stallion, but tonight while looking up whether L..a might have foaling problems, realised that the result would be a hinny and not a mule!!  Apparently they are much rarer for various reasons, including that the prospective parents may not want to mate!
Then did the washing at the launderette.  After quick lunch, it was already 2.30pm but nevertheless, I decided it was worth risking not being able to make it to both my objectives before closing time and off I set with R to San P in M. Such a lovely day - perfect September weather. As usual, Italian roadsigns useless, but ended up driving the car higher up than where the actual beginning of the walk was but that was all to the good as it saved time.  After a short walk along a path, came out onto he official mule track, a well-laid one too. The last 15 minutes was steepish, going up in series of steps.  As I reached the top I heard a helicopter approaching, and discovered it was E..K!  giving lifts to people.  Obviously there'd been a festa up there, which explains why so many people were there. The place is far bigger than I thought.  Then back down as fast as possible to go to C to see the Villa d P botanic garden, which turned out to be uninteresting.  At this point I was thinking, I'm on a roll, good luck is on my side today, so let's see if P is in.  And after an ice-cream, I arrived at her place... and she was!! She is the sweetest most generous person ever. Her husband M r i also came. Their daughter is stunning. We agreed we would meet for lunch. Definitely.  No-one can ever leave empty-handed  so I was presented with four packets of strawberry-flavoured biscuits from Tunisia!!  Back home for supper.  I de-frosted a pizza al trancio, then discovered Sam was also de-frosting one.  On enquiring whether he wanted his baking in the oven, he said it was "schifo" because of the green stuff on it.  I explained this was origano but he of course wouldn't accept it.  SO I re-froze it for another time, though I admit mine wasn't as nice as the other pizza al trancio that I've had.  Must have got a different flavour by accident, not having realised different flavours existed!!

To tell Doctor B:  numb patch and pain in left shoulder
pee trouble in the summer

No comments:

Post a Comment