Friday 23 September 2016

Got the results of my latest scan.  Hmmmm, now I know why I place objects too close to the edges of tables, worktops, and knock things off with regularity.  Also, why simple calculations seem very difficult. All down to damage to the Corpus Callosum.  I wonder if I can overcome these effects by consciously retraining my brain?? Perhaps I should Google for websites providing practice in maths.  My researches also threw up evidence for what I had long suspected, and that was that the two periods of peculiar strong heartbeats that I had could well have been caused by lesions to the brain stem which controls, vital body functions such as heartbeat rate, breathing etc.  Which makes me wonder, somewhat alarmingly, if one could actually die of MS if the lesions in one's brainstem were sufficiently serious to interfere with bodily functions.    Now I've found my blog again, I swear to write something every day, since I forget my life so quickly.  I life in a constant state of Mindfulness - the past is a closed book and the future a misty nebulous space.  Yes, forgetting the past tends to make one cheerful because otherwise one would be tempted to dwell on failures, griefs and mistakes. On other topics, O sends us lots of baby-spam and today she sent the most beautiful photo of herself and M.  S has put it as a screensaver on my phone, though this has obliterated Susy's picture.
Yesterday was such fun at the Danza Moderna.  Average age of other participants: 7!!Felt it in my legs this morning though!  Decided Nordic walking would be a great way to build strength for Back country skiing. Practiced the technique going up to Paradiso.  Tomorrow I'll make myself two sticks to use.  Must remember to take a billhook. (Accidentally discovered a page in "the history of the world in 100 objects about billhooks while trying to find the English term for it!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment